KOREA 50th ANNIVERSARY
U.S.S. JUNEAU (CLAA-119)
KOREAN SEA POWER COMMEMORATION
30 May 2003
2. BREAKFAST WITH THE ADMIRAL: Admiral Jones will take ALL returning veterans to breakfast the day of the commemoration.
3. COMMEMORATION SERVICE: Will be aboard a USN Ship. A steel deck lunch reception will follow the ceremony.
4. HISTORICAL SEMINAR/SYMPOSIUM: Historians from the Naval Historical Center in Washington and the Command Historian in Seoul will host a Symposium on Saturday 31 May 2003. Historians will be available to answer questions.
5. COMMEMORATIVE COIN: One side will have the "50th Anniversary Seal" the other side will be the Sea Power Commemoration design. (See Below)
6. SHIP VISITS: There will be several ships open for tours.
KOREAN WAR SEA SERVICES COMMEMORATIVE COIN
Tuesday, 10 DEC. 2002 @ 1130 Union League Club of Chicago 65 West Jackson Blvd. Chicago, IL 60604 Contact: Capt. Bruce Cole, Navy Office Information, Phone; (312) 606-0360
Wednesday, 11 DEC. 2002 @ 1000 MacArthur Memorial, MacArthur Square Norfolk, VA 23510 Pt. Contact: Col. Bill Davis or Mary Denyes Phone: (757) 441-2965
Thursday 12 DEC. 2002 @ 1400 US Navy Memorial & heritage Center 701 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Washington, DC 20004 Phone: (202) 737-2300
Monday 16 DEC. 2002 @ 1400 Veteran's Museum Memorial Center (Former Chapel for Balboa Hospital) 2115 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101 Pt. Contact: Tom Splitgerber, Director VMC Phone: (619) 239-2300